Is the KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender the best blender?
This KitchenAid 5 Speed blender combines powerful blending technology with a shatterproof 56-ounce polycarbonate jar. It operates at five speeds: stir, chop, mix, puree, and liquefy – plus, the KitchenAid KSB560 has pulse mode and crush ice features.
Lab tests by Popular Mechanics demonstrate that these KitchenAid blenders outperform high-end competition. By far, we believe this is the best blender!
It has the power you need to blend decadent milkshakes and flavorful smoothies. With the ice crusher mode, in mere moments, you can transform ice cubes into crushed ice and snow for delicious tropical drinks.
This KitchenAid 5 Speed blender is affordably priced at a fraction of the cost of blenders advertised by Vitamix and Blendtec. Its efficiency makes a powerful statement in any kitchen.
Things to Consider with this KitchenAid Blender
- This blender outperforms expensive high-end models by Vitamix and Blendtec, according to lab testing by Popular Mechanics. They rate it as the best blender.
- In just 20 seconds, this powerful blender transforms a pitcher of ice, ¼ cup of soy milk, and a whole unpeeled orange into a perfectly blended smoothie.
- With nearly 100 years of manufacturing technology behind them, KitchenAid blenders are built to withstand heavy use.
- The narrow pitcher base design of the KitchenAid KSB560
ensures even ingredient blending for silky smooth drinks and purees.
- Since the pitcher and the blades are formed into one unit, cleanup is simple and there is no disassembly required after use.
- If you ever broke a glass blender pitcher, you know how expensive replacing them can be. This pitcher will not break even if you drop it occasionally.
- Why spend two or three times more for other brands when the KitchenAid KSB560 can handle the job?
- This blender is highly effective in creating snow from ice cubes.
- Some consumers report that small amounts of liquid leak from the bottom of the jar.
- These KitchenAid blenders are available in eight colors to complement your decor.
Care and Cleaning
Cleaning is a breeze with no parts to disassemble. Simply rinse the pitcher; fill it half-way with warm water; add a few drops of dish detergent; and blend at low speed with the lid on for a few moments. Remove the pitcher from the base. Rinse and dry. Wipe off the base with a warm soapy cloth. With the smooth touch pads of this KitchenAid blender, cleanup of food particles and drippings is easy. If you prefer dishwasher cleaning, the pitcher and its top are dishwasher safe. Use the bottom rack for the pitcher and the top rack for the top. With all KitchenAid blenders, ensure that parts are dry before reassembling blender for storage.
Warranty for the KitchenAid KSB560
The KitchenAid 5 Speed blender is covered by a one-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. KitchenAid pays for hassle-free replacement of defective units.
KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender Review Highlights
Pros: powerful motor easily blends through fresh and frozen food, ice crusher mode, shatterproof pitcher, easy cleanup, affordable price, these KitchenAid blenders are available in eight colors
Cons: polycarbonate pitcher can scratch over time, base units should be wiped off after each use as small amounts of liquid may pool under pitcher
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the best blender, the KitchenAid KSB560!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this KitchenAid KSB560.
Watch as Popular Mechanics Tests KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender Against High-End Brands