Is the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Bread Maker the best bread maker?
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 makes delicious, homemade bread of any kind — organic, whole grain, multi-grain, sourdough, gluten-free, fruit, and more. Flavors and varieties are boundless and fresher than anything you’d find at the market.
The Zojirushi bread maker does the difficult work for you by kneading dough for bread, pizza, croissants, crusty rolls, and soft pretzels. It makes pound cakes, jams, and meatloaf, too!
The beauty of the Zojirushi bread machine is that it saves you precious time by handling the mixing, kneading, proofing, and baking process for you. You’ll enjoy the old-fashioned and intoxicating aroma of freshly baked bread, but won’t have to invest valuable hours in preparing it the way your grandmother did. In our opinion, this Zojirushi bread machine is the best bread maker on the market!
Things to Consider
- Homemade bread is healthy, aromatic, delicious, and preservative-free.
- The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 breadmaker produces two-pound loaves. Loaf tops have square edges; an ideal shape for sandwiches.
- This heavy duty machine kneads dough without jumping around on your countertop.
- The “crust control” function allows you to set how light or dark and how crusty or soft you want the crust to be.
- The “home made course” option allows you to set up three programs custom tailored to your recipes.
- Ingredients are processed in four steps: preheat, knead, rise, and bake. Midway through the cycle, the Zojirushi beeps for 30 seconds to let you know that you can add ingredients like nuts, dried fruit, or cheese to your bread.
- You can delay finish time by as much as 13 hours. This means you can add ingredients in the evening and wake up to freshly baked bread in the morning.
- There is a “keep warm” function which keeps bread warm up to 60 minutes after baking. Use this function cautiously, though as it may have side effects. The crust may darken or the top may fall with certain recipes.
- This machine runs quietly, even during the kneading process.
- A user manual, instructional video, and recipe booklet are included. This is one user manual that you really do need to read before using the product. Also, be sure to watch the video to learn useful tips and recommendations not found in the user manual.
- Measuring ingredients accurately is vital. Follow recipes carefully until you become familiar with the Zojirushi bread machine and are able to identify how recipe modifications impact bread. Placement of ingredients in the baking pan affects end results, so follow directions closely.
- Most bread loaves will have small holes in the bottom of them from the paddles.
- Paddles can fall out and lodge themselves into the loaf if they are not snapped into position prior to operation.
- The Zojirushi bread maker measures 12.8” x 13.6” x 18.9” and weighs 20.1 pounds.
Care and Cleaning
Clean the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 after every use by first removing the baking pan. Do not use a dishwasher for any part of this machine. Gently turn the bread machine upside down and gently shake to free crumbs. Be careful not to bang the lid on the countertop. Any loose crumbs will fall onto your countertop. Return the machine to its upright position. Wipe interior and exterior surfaces with a damp towel. Dry the viewing window.
Fill the baking pan with warm water and add dish soap. Allow the pan to soak in your sink for 30 minutes, but do not immerse the pan in a sink of water (only the interior of the pan should be filled with water). After 30 minutes, empty the pan and remove the kneading blades.
If the blades do not move easily, place one hand on the blade and one hand on the wing nut beneath the pan. Gently turn in opposite directions to free the blade. Gently wash the pan interior and blades with a washcloth or sponge. Dry and reassemble the Zojirushi bread maker.
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 bread maker is covered by a manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Zojirushi includes amazon.com as one of its recognized e-commerce sites. Bread makers purchased through amazon.com are covered by this warranty.
Zojirushi Bread Maker Review Highlights
Pros: produces healthy and flavorful two-pound loaves, homemade bread contains no preservatives, loaf top has square shape, powerful machine that does not jump on counter, saves valuable time, runs quietly, crust control function allows you to control crust’s texture, timer delay feature, custom program feature, easy to clean, includes instructional video, one-year warranty
Cons: recipes and instructions must be followed closely, loaves often have two small holes in the bottom of them from the paddles, paddles can fall out if not snapped into place properly
We are sure you will agree that this is the best bread maker after you taste just one slice! Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Zojirushi Bread Machine!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Zojirushi bread machine.
Watch the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Make Tomato Basil Bread
Purchase a Zojirushi Bread Machine
Click on the link below or visit our store to find the lowest prices.
Zojirushi BB-CEC20: the best bread maker on the market!