Is the Cuisinart immersion blender the best hand blender?
The Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender purées asparagus soup, blends frozen blueberry smoothies, mixes fluffy crêpe batter, and is capable of so much more.
Its heavy duty 200-watt motor has the power you need to blend frozen strawberries or large chunks of broccoli and cauliflower. What’s more, the Cuisinart immersion blender froths milk for cappuccinos just like the frothers on espresso machines.
Priced under $30, this high performance appliance is a real value for any kitchen. It is available in 7 colors.
With only two parts, it assembles with just one click. Simply press the ON button and blend. Cleanup is just as fast and simple. This kitchen tool makes blending jobs quick and easy. It is our pick for best hand blender!
- Powerful 200-watt motor works with one-touch button.
- Includes motor body, stainless steel blending shaft, and 2-cup plastic beaker.
- Available in 7 colors.
- Product dimensions are 2.13″ x 2.60″ x 14.00″.
- Product weighs 2.2 lbs.
Things to Consider
- Blends directly in pots, bowls, and pitchers to purée soups, blend drinks, or mix batters in moments. It is powerful enough to make smoothies with frozen berries.
- This Cuisinart immersion blender is easy to operate. Simply push the ON button and blend.
- Cleanup is very fast.
- The appliance is compact enough to store in a drawer.
- The two-cup plastic beaker is microwave safe and dishwasher safe.
- The Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender is very inexpensive.
- No part of the motor base should be submerged in liquid. Only submerge the stainless steel shaft and blade.
- The blending blade can scratch nonstick surfaces while in use.
- To minimize splashing, turn on the hand blender after the blending blade is immersed in liquid and do not remove the blade from the liquid until the blender is turned off.
- This immersion blender can be used to froth milk for latte and cappuccino.
- This hand blender assembles with one click. ALWAYS unplug the blender before disconnecting the shaft from the base.
- The manufacturer recommends not pressing the ON button for longer than 50 seconds at a time.
- Some consumers mention that this blender is so powerful that they need two hands to control it.
- The “brushed chrome” color option is a color, not a material. The motor base is encased in plastic and this plastic is what has the color mentioned in color options.
- Some consumers mention that there is only one speed for this blender and that they would prefer two speeds.
Care and Cleaning
Clean the motor body and blending shaft after every use. Wipe the motor body with a soapy cloth or sponge, but do not immerse it in water. Dry it with a towel. Wash the blending shaft in the dishwasher or by hand in warm soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaners.
This Cuisinart immersion blender is covered by the manufacturer’s three year limited warranty.
Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender Review Highlights
Pros: blends directly in pots, bowls and pitchers to make soups, smoothies, and batters, blends frozen fruit, one-touch operation, easy to clean, compact for storage, inexpensive, can be used to froth milk, assembles with one click, available in 7 colors
Cons: blending blade can scratch nonstick surfaces, requires two-handed operation for some consumers, “brushed chrome” option is a color and not a material, only one speed, no attachments are included with the Cuisinart immersion blender
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender, our pick for best hand blender!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Cuisinart Smart Stick hand blender.