Which Breville Panini Press is the best panini maker?
High performance, ease of use, and value make the Breville Panini Press BSG520XL the best panini maker on the market. With its floating hinge and four-position height locking feature, this panini grill prepares wonderful sandwiches of all thicknesses and varieties.
Lock the top grill in place for open-faced melt sandwiches or use the floating hinge to raise or lower the top grill for extra tall or thin panini.
With 1500 watts of power and a flat bottom grill plate designed for even heating, the Breville Panini Maker grills quickly. Breville’s clever design takes the guesswork out of grilling. They perfected the heating aspect of panini making for you.
Just wait for the green light, place your sandwich on the grill, and moments later, your panini is grilled to perfection. No more worries about finding optimal heat settings!
This Breville Panini Press is among the lowest priced grills on the market today, yet is one of the highest quality grills available. Breville pioneered the home panini grill nearly 40 years ago and this model lives up to Breville’s reputation for sleek, high performance appliances.
Product Features of Breville Panini Duo
- The top plate is on a floating hinge, which can be adjusted to accommodate sandwiches of varying thicknesses including open-faced sandwiches.
- The top grill plate has shallow ridges that create the grill marks panini famously have.
- The bottom grill plate is flat, which promotes even cooking.
- A green indicator light notifies you when the grill is heated and ready for use.
- 1500 watts of power translates into a heavy duty grill that heats up quickly and heats through the thickest sandwiches.
- The grill surfaces are nonstick and scratch-resistant.
- The user manual includes 20 tantalizing recipes.
- Exterior is sleek, brushed stainless steel.
- The Breville panini maker measures 13” x 11.75” x 5.25” and weighs 8 lbs.
Things to Consider
- The Breville Panini Grill is solidly constructed with a 1500-watt heating element.
- Its nonstick grills are ideal for making healthy, oil-free and butter-free panini.
- With four height settings, this panini grill handles thick artisan breads, thin focaccia, open-faced melts, and even reheats pizza perfectly.
- There are four height positions for locking the top grill plate in place. This feature is handy when you do not want the grill to rest on top of your sandwich.
- The grill plates are fixed and cannot be removed. Despite this design, they do clean easily.
- While it can be used as a griddle for eggs and pancakes, many users find this to be a single-purpose appliance and use it solely for grilling panini.
- Heat settings are not adjustable. Simply plug it in and wait for the green light to illuminate. It is that simple!
- There is no power button. To turn the grill on and off, you need to plug it in or unplug it.
- The grill handle remains cool to the touch during operation.
Care and Cleaning
Unplug the Breville Panini Maker and allow it to cool until just slightly warm. Wipe top and bottom grill surfaces with a damp, soapy sponge or washcloth. Do not use abrasive pads. Towel the grills dry and close unit. Wipe the top of the appliance with a damp, soapy sponge and towel dry.
Store your panini grill in the closed position with its adjustable height set to “lock.” At the bottom of the unit, use the cord storage area to wrap the electrical cord. Store if flat or upright on a flat surface.
This Breville Panini Press BSG520XL is covered by a manufacturer’s one-year limited replacement warranty.
Breville Panini Maker Review Highlights
Pros: 1500-watt heating element, floating hinge on top grill plate to accommodate panini of any thickness, four locking positions for top grill plate, simple to use, nonstick grill surfaces allow oil-free and butter-free grilling, sleek design and styling, easy to clean, can be stored in compact vertical or horizontal position
Cons: panini grill plates are not removable, no on/off switch, heating is not adjustable
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the best panini maker, the Breville Panini Grill!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Breville panini maker.
Watch a Demonstration of Breville Panini Press Features
Purchase a Breville Panini Grill
Breville Panini Press BSG520XL: the best panini maker value!