Is the Presto Pressure Cooker the best choice for pressure cooking?
The Presto pressure cooker saves you time by reducing recipe cook time by two-thirds. Pressure cooking also seals in and preserves vital nutrients, unlike conventional cooking. Used as a canner, the Presto pressure canner preserves fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry safely and without using valuable freezer space.
This large capacity, heavy duty cookware makes pressure canning seven quarts of fresh green beans, peaches, clam chowder, chicken soup, or tomato salsa pure pleasure. It competes with high-end brands in pressure cooking, yet is affordably priced.
This pressure cooker and canner has multiple safety features and comes with 76 pages of step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process. Whether you are a novice or an expert, the Presto pressure cooker and canner is a solid performer and outstanding value.
- Pressure dial gauge measures internal pressure with precision.
- Equipped with pressure regulator, air vent/cover lock, locking bracket, and overpressure plug safety mechanisms.
- Includes canning rack and a detailed owner’s manual containing more than 90 recipes.
- Product dimensions are: 13.25″ wide x 17.50″ deep x 15.50″ high. Assembled canner weighs 10 lbs.
Things to Consider
- Pressure canning is a fun and easy way to preserve the bounty of your garden without using valuable freezer space.
- Pressure cooking saves you time by reducing cook time in recipes by two-thirds.
- Pressure canning is the only safe method for canning low acid content foods, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Pressure canning is recommended for vegetables, meat, poultry, and fish.
- Large capacity allows you to process up to seven quarts or 20 pints at a time.
- Pressure dial gauge displays exact cooking and canning pressures, which is vital for food safety and for use in high altitudes.
- This pressure cooker and canner is an affordable alternative to high end competitors and it produces the same results.
- The cover lock and air vent is an important safety feature that prevents pressure from building when the lid is not sealed properly and prevents removal of the lid before pressure drops to a safe level.
- This Presto pressure canner can be used as a waterbath canner.
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction promotes even heating and prevents warping.
- Canner works on smooth top stoves.
- The pressure dial gauge should be checked annually for accuracy at your local county extension office or by Presto’s Consumer Service department.
- This product cannot be used with an outdoor gas grill, turkey fryer, or any heat source greater than 12,000 BTUs.
- This pressure cooker cannot be used for pressure cooking in oil.
Care and Cleaning
Wash the canner’s exterior surface with warm soapy water. Silver polish can be used to maintain its shine. After every use, wash the pressure canner, lid, and sealing ring with warm soapy water. Towel dry thoroughly and reassemble before storing the canner. The manufacturer does not recommend using a dishwasher for any part of this canner.
If the inside of the pot becomes discolored from iron and minerals, remove these stains with a solution of one quart water and one tablespoon cream of tartar. Heat as directed in the owner’s manual to remove this discoloration.
This pressure cooker/canner is covered by the manufacturer’s 12-year limited warranty.
Presto Pressure Canner Review Highlights
Pros: affordably priced, 12-year limited warranty, pressure cooking saves time, it is the recommended method for canning low acid foods, use it to preserve your harvest without using valuable freezer space, large capacity, easy to read pressure dial gauge, multiple safety mechanisms, can be used as a waterbath canner, heavy construction, works on smooth top stoves
Cons: pressure gauge should be checked annually for accuracy, cannot be used on outdoor heat sources, cannot be used for pressure cooking in oil
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Presto Pressure Canner for pressure cooking and pressure canning!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Presto pressure cooker.
Watch a Demonstration of this Presto Pressure Cooker.