Is the Aroma Rice Steamer ARC-838TC the best rice cooker?
The Aroma Rice Cooker and Food Steamer ARC-838TC cooks up to 16 cups of your favorite rice perfectly. It can prepare rice while steaming meat and fresh vegetables simultaneously for healthy effortless meals. This rice steamer makes wonderful soups and stews, too and is our pick for best rice cooker!
Fully programmable with a delayed start feature, you can fill the food steamer and forget about it until dinnertime. Plus, the warming mode keeps food warm for up to 12 hours.
Why spend five to 10 times more for high-end brands when this food steamer prepares flawless rice — any type of rice — every time? With its 16-cup food capacity, its volume is more than ample for a large family.
The nonstick pot helps keep rice fluffy and makes cleanup a breeze.
- Makes 4 – 16 cups of cooked rice.
- Programmable with easy to use digital control panel.
- Has 15-hour delay timer.
- Has automatic warming feature.
- Removable inner cooking pot has nonstick surface.
- A measuring cup, serving spatula, and steam tray are included.
- Product dimensions are 11″ long x 10.3″ wide x 10.4″ high.
- Steamer weighs 6.8 lbs.
Things to Consider
- The Aroma rice cooker and food steamer steams rice, vegetables, and meat, plus it can make stews and soups.
- It can prepare up to 16 cups of cooked rice. When preparing 6 cups of uncooked rice (or a lesser amount), you can simultaneously steam meat or vegetables.
- This steamer prepares all types of rice.
- This appliance is simple to operate and the nonstick surface makes it easy to clean.
- This appliance keeps food warm up to 12 hours.
- Some consumers mention that the warming mode overcooks rice. To prevent this issue, especially when preparing sushi rice, turn off the unit after rice is fully cooked.
- The exterior of this steamer remains cool during operation.
- Some consumers report that the 38.5” power cord is too short.
- Some consumers report that the steam emitted by the steamer while cooking rice is difficult to remove from cabinet surfaces. To remedy this issue, do not place the steamer directly underneath a wooden cabinet while preparing rice.
- For best results and to prevent burning, follow the measuring directions in the owner’s manual. Ingredient quantities found in the owner’s manual may vary from those found on product packaging.
- No parts of this rice steamer are dishwasher safe.
Care and Cleaning
To clean this steamer, unplug the unit and allow it to cool. No part of this appliance is dishwasher safe. Remove the cooking pot and steam tray and wash them in warm soapy water. Do not use commercial cleaners or abrasive cleaners. Dry the pot and steam tray with a towel. Wipe the steamer body and both surfaces of the lid with a damp soapy cloth or sponge. Dry with a towel. Always ensure that all parts are completely dry before reassembling the unit.
Clean the steam vent after every use by unsnapping it from the lid and washing it in warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry before reinserting it in the lid.
This Aroma rice steamer is covered by the manufacturer’s one year limited warranty.
Aroma Rice Cooker and Food Steamer ARC-838TC Review Highlights
Pros: prepares rice, vegetables, and meat, makes stews and soups, steams up to 16 cups of cooked rice, can steam rice and vegetables simultaneously, prepares all types of rice, programmable, simple to operate, nonstick surface makes it easy to clean, keeps food warm up to 12 hours, exterior of unit stays cool, inexpensive
Cons: warming mode (after cooking) can overcook rice, not dishwasher safe, beeper is loud, rice steamer emits steam
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Aroma Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, our pick for best rice cooker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Aroma rice cooker and food steamer.