It’s a Food Blog
Category Archives: Roaster Ovens
What about the 22-Quart Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven?
With 22 quarts of capacity, this Hamilton Beach roaster oven nearly doubles the cooking capacity of most home kitchens. Just like conventional ovens, this portable oven roasts, bakes, simmers, and steams — a welcome addition to any kitchen for busy holiday entertaining.
When you need the space of a second oven or have to bake at two different temperatures simultaneously, this electric roaster is ideal.
Use it to prepare whole turkeys and hams, casseroles, lasagna, or cakes. Serve guests directly from it on a buffet or use it as a warming tray for entrees like meatballs, pulled pork, or chili.
Encased in stainless steel, this roaster oven has a sleek, contemporary design. Despite high-end performance and versatility, the Hamilton Beach portable oven is surprisingly affordably priced.
- 22-quart portable oven for roasting, baking, and cooking.
- Heats up to 450°.
- 1,440 watts of power.
- Includes removable lid, removable insert pan, and lift-out rack.
- Accommodates these pans comfortably: one 9″x13″ pan, one 10″x14″ pan, two 9″x5″ pans, two 8″x4″ pans, one tube pan, or one bundt pan.
- Exterior dimensions are 25.25″ long x 18″ wide x 11″ tall (including lid).
Things to Consider
- This electric roaster nearly doubles your kitchen’s cooking capacity and is large enough to accommodate a 22 to 24-pound turkey.
- For best results, do not remove the lid of this electric roaster more than once or twice during the entire roasting process. Opening the lid will cause significant heat loss and could increase required roasting time.
- Since the lid remains on the oven for the entire roasting process, meats are more succulent and juicy from the steam inside the roaster.
- A turkey roasted in this oven will be moist and delicious, but the outside will not be crispy unless the turkey is finished in a conventional oven for the final 15 to 20 minutes of roasting.
- The outside of this electric roaster gets hot. Use caution around the oven and hot pads or oven mitts when removing the lid.
- Unlike conventional ovens, this roaster oven will not overheat your kitchen.
This is a large portable oven that requires a significant amount of storage space.
Care and Cleaning
Unplug and allow the roaster oven to cool before cleaning. In hot soapy water, wash the cover, insert pan, and rack. For tough, burnt-on food, add warm soapy water to the pan and allow it to soak before scouring with a plastic scrubbing pad. Use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe the interior and exterior surfaces of the roaster. Dry all pieces thoroughly before reassembling.
To avoid discoloration, do not wash any pieces of this portable oven in the dishwasher.
This electric roaster is covered by the manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty.
Hamilton Beach Electric Roaster 32229 Review Highlights
Pros: nearly doubles kitchen cooking capacity, roasts turkeys and hams to perfection, bakes large lasagnas and casseroles, excellent for entertaining large parties, simple to operate, easy to clean, affordably priced
Cons: exterior gets hot, does not produce a crispy outer layer on turkeys, requires large storage space
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven 32229!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Hamilton Beach roaster oven.