Is the Waring Pro Belgian waffle maker the best waffle iron?
If you are a devotee of traditional Brussels-style Belgian waffles, you will appreciate this Waring Pro waffle maker. It makes thick 7″ round waffles that are delectably fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. What’s even better is that it makes two of them at a time.
Its rotating feature ensures even heating on both sides of each waffle. With a simple dial, you control the thermostat and darkness of your Belgian waffles. Indicator lights and audio beeps let you know when the waffle iron is ready and when your waffles are grilled to perfection.
With no assembly required, this Waring Pro Belgian waffle maker is simple to operate and the nonstick griddle surfaces make it easy to clean. It performs favorably against high-end competition, yet is available at a fraction of the cost. It is our pick for best waffle iron.
- Makes 2 Belgian waffles that are 7” in diameter.
- Has extra deep 1” pockets.
- Rotating design ensures even baking on both sides of the waffles.
- Equipped with 2 LED lights and 3 audio beep indicators.
- Rotary knob controls thermostat and browning.
- Simple on/off switch operation.
- 1,400 watts.
- Product dimensions are 10.75” long x 16.75” wide x 10.375” high.
Things to Consider
- Waffle pockets are 1” deep which produces traditional Belgian waffles — thick, round waffles that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- For best results, coat all grid surfaces with cooking spray prior to use.
- Because there are two separate waffle pockets, you can make waffles of varying darkness or crispiness simultaneously.
- Some consumers express concern that there are no directional arrows on the handle to indicate whether rotation should be clockwise or counterclockwise.
- The griddle plates are not removable and must be cleaned while in place with a damp towel. They cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
- Some consumers indicate that the audible beeps are barely perceptible for the hearing impaired.
- For fluffier Belgian waffles, beat the eggs before adding them to the batter.
Care and Cleaning
Before cleaning this Belgian waffle maker, unplug and allow it to cool. When cool, brush any crumbs from the grooves of the grid and use a paper towel or clean cloth to absorb any oil. Wipe the grids with a damp soapy cloth. For burnt-on batter, pour a small amount of vegetable oil over the batter and allow it to soak up the oil for a few minutes. Then, wipe the oil and batter from the grid. Do not use abrasive pads or cleansers and do not immerse the appliance in water. Wipe the exterior of the unit with a damp cloth and dry all parts thoroughly with a towel.
This Belgian waffle maker is covered by the manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty.
Waring Pro Waffle Maker WMK600 Review Highlights
Pros: grills two Belgian waffles simultaneously, waffles are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, has deep griddle pockets for thick waffles, rotating design ensures even browning, simple to operate, nonstick griddles are easy to clean
Cons: griddles are not removable and cannot be washed in the dishwasher, there are no directional arrows to clarify rotational direction, audible beeps may not be loud enough for all consumers
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Waring Pro waffle maker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Waring Pro waffle maker, our pick for best waffle iron.