Is this Cuisinart Grind and Brew the best coffee maker?
The Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker with its integrated Burr grinder simplifies brewing impeccable coffee. Cuisinart’s automatic programming means you simply add coffee beans and water, set the number of cups and brew strength, and press “On.”
Intense flavor and powerful aromatics are only minutes away in the comfort of your own kitchen with this Cuisinart coffee maker.
This Cuisinart DGB-700BC protects up to a half pound of your favorite coffee beans from air, light, and moisture while only grinding the quantity of beans you specify. The programming function allows you to delay brewing up to 24 hours and the plate warmer keeps hot coffee steaming hot for two hours. It is our choice for best coffee maker and we know you will agree after just one pot.
- Integrated Burr grinder
- 8 oz. bean hopper with sealed lid
- Large, 12-cup glass carafe
- Warming plate
- Coffee strength selector and grind control
- Gold-tone permanent filter for European flavor
- Charcoal water filter
- Brew Pause™ feature
- 8.27″ wide by 11.61″ deep by 16.34″ high
Things to Consider
- This Cuisinart coffee maker’s integrated burr grinder grinds whole beans with minimal friction. When friction is minimized, coffee is more aromatic and the flavor is smoother and richer since coffee oils are released and better extracted during the brewing process.
- The bean hopper stores up to 8 ounces of coffee beans and its lid seals tightly to protect them from air, moisture, and light. Beans stay fresh and this eliminates your need to add beans every day.
- The Cuisinart Grind and Brew grinds the quantity of beans you specify while saving extra beans for your next brew.
- This Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker can brew ground coffee as well as whole bean coffee. Simply press the “Grind Off” button before brewing ground coffee.
- Unlike coffee makers with thermal carafes, this coffee maker has a warming plate that keeps hot coffee steaming hot for two hours.
- The digital clock is not illuminated and some consumers have indicated that it can be difficult to read.
- With Brew Pause™, you can enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee before the whole pot is brewed. Simply remove the carafe and pour. Brewing is interupted until you return the carafe to the warming plate.
- Some consumers regret that this Cuisinart coffee maker cannot be turned back on again after two hours to maintain warming with the heating plate. There is no separate control for the warming plate and without water in the reservoir, it will not turn on again after two hours.
- The coffee chute should be cleaned routinely. The more oily the coffee beans, the more frequently the chute will need to be cleaned to prevent clogging. If you clean the chute on a weekly basis, the cleaning process takes less than five minutes.
- The burr grinder is loud while in use.
Care and Cleaning
Wash the glass carafe, filter, filter basket, and filter basket cover in warm soapy water or wash them on the top shelf of the dishwasher after every use. Dry these pieces and reassemble the coffee maker.
Every one to two weeks, clean the hopper and coffee chute by removing the hopper container and lid. Wash them in warm soapy water or on the top shelf of the dishwasher. Dry and reassemble. Flip the coffee channel cover open and clean the coffee chute by brushing any coffee grounds toward you while pulling the chute lever toward you. This will send any coffee grounds through the chute and into the filter. Wipe the base and heating plate with a damp cloth.
Periodically decalcify the coffee machine by running a solution of 1/3 cup white vinegar and 2/3 cup water through the machine. Rinse by repeating the process with cold water.
The Cuisinart DGB-700BC with burr grinder is covered by a manufacturer’s three-year limited warranty.
Cuisinart DGB-700BC Coffee Maker Review Highlights
Pros: Burr grinder produces coffee that is richer, smoother, and more aromatic than traditional blade grinders, bean hopper stores up to 8 oz. of beans and keeps them fresh, unit grinds only the quantity of beans you specify, brews both whole beans and ground coffee, has warming plate, has large 12-cup carafe, Brew Pause™ feature, three-year warranty
Cons: digital clock is not illuminated, Burr grinder is loud during use, warming plate cannot be turned on again after two hours, coffee chute requires weekly cleaning when oily coffee beans are used
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker, our pick for best coffee maker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Cuisinart DGB-700BC coffee maker.