Are the best kitchen knives in this Wusthof Classic knife set?
Superb strength, exceptional sharpness, and lifelong durability make the Wusthof Classic knife set our preferred choice for cutlery. Forged from a single piece of high carbon steel, Wusthof Classic knives have superior blade strength and sharpness.
We believe that the best kitchen knives on the market are in this Wusthof knife set. With centuries of German engineering behind them, handles feel remarkably comfortable, even after a full day of slicing and chopping.
This 8-piece Wusthof knife set contains all of your kitchen essentials. Though dishwasher safe, handwashing is highly recommended for fine cutlery. The knife block will preserve blade sharpness and protect your knives during storage.
A single piece of stainless steel spans each knife from tip to heel giving Wusthof Classic knives their balance and solid feel. Precision forging ensures unsurpassed sharpness and durability. Wusthof ensures quality in every knife by custom blending their own steel alloy. Carbon maximizes sharpness; chromium resists stains; and vanadium retains sharp edges. Wusthof earned its reputation for forging the best knives through this technology.
Wusthof Classic Knife Set Includes:
- 3 ½” paring knife
- 4 ½” utility knife
- 6” sandwich knife
- 8” bread knife
- 8” cook’s knife
- 9” sharpening steel
- kitchen shears
- 17-slot wood block
Things to Consider
- Since they are forged from a single piece of high carbon steel, Wusthof Classic knives have superior strength.
- The Wusthof Classic knife set contains everything a gourmet cook needs.
- The paring knife is excellent for cleaning and cutting fruit and vegetables.
- The utility knife is an all-purpose tool for slicing through larger vegetables or smaller cuts of meat.
- The sandwich knife easily cuts through heavier cuts of meat.
- The bread knife is serrated and slices through bread and hard rolls without crushing them.
- The cook’s knife can slice, chop, or mince anything you are preparing and the kitchen shears slice through herbs and lettuces with ease.
- This set is covered by a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Ideally, these knives should be handwashed despite being “dishwasher safe.”
- As with any fine cutlery, you will need to sharpen these knives. They retain sharpness exceedingly well, but the more you use them, the more frequently they should be sharpened.
- The blades in this Wusthof knife set are razor sharp; earning Wusthof a reputation for producing the very best knives!
Honing and Sharpening Your Wusthof Classic Knives
After you invest in the best kitchen knives, understanding how to keep them in their finest condition is important.
Routine honing and sharpening will maintain your knives’ outstanding performance. This Wusthof knife set includes a sharpening steel for this purpose.
To read the Wusthof guide to honing and sharpening, please click on the link on the right-hand side of this page under “reference.”
The 8-piece set is covered by a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
Wusthof Classic Knife Set Review Highlights
Pros: superb strength, exceptional sharpness, comfortable handles, set contains an excellent assortment of tools, lifetime warranty
Cons: handwashing is recommended for these knives, knives require periodic honing and sharpening
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Wusthof Classic knife set!
We can help you find the lowest prices on Wusthof Classic knives!