Is this Cuisinart ICE-30BC the best ice cream maker?
What an apropos description “Pure Indulgence™” is for this Cuisinart ice cream maker. Its fully automated design makes blending homemade ice cream pure joy. Just add your favorite fresh ingredients to the double-insulated freezer bowl and process for 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the ice cream to an air-tight plastic bowl and freeze until serving. The Cuisinart ICE-30BC is that simple!
This homemade ice cream maker makes up to two quarts of frozen sorbet, yogurt, or ice cream. Its heavy duty motor blends add-ins like cherries, pecans, and chocolate chunks with ease.
This is one of the easiest appliances to use and your whole family will enjoy peaking at their favorite frozen dessert as it is being prepared through the clear viewing lid. With only four parts, cleanup is fast. You’ll soon see why it gets our vote for best ice cream maker!
- This Cuisinart ice cream maker is a fully-automatic machine that makes frozen yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream.
- Brushed stainless steel design.
- Instruction and recipe booklet containing 28 recipes are included.
- Assembled product dimensions are 8.25″ wide x 8.00″ deep x 11.25″ tall.
- Double-insulated freezer bowl holds two quarts and measures 7.5” wide by 6.5” tall.
Things to Consider
- This is a large capacity machine that makes up to two quarts of your favorite frozen sorbet, yogurt, or ice cream. It can make smaller batches, too.
- The Cuisinart ICE-30BC is equipped with a large spout for adding ingredients like chocolate chips, fruit, and nuts without splattering.
- The freezer bowl absolutely must be frozen before use. It works best when placed in the freezer overnight (i.e., 12 hours or more) with the freezer set to 0°.
- For best results, all ingredients should be chilled thoroughly before adding them to the freezer bowl. Mixing the ingredients together and placing them in the refrigerator for a few hours improves overall flavor and at the same time, makes a denser ice cream.
- Some consumers enjoy the recipes that are included with this homemade ice cream maker and others prefer richer or more unusual ice cream recipes found in specialty ice cream cookbooks.
- Ice cream will be slightly firmer than soft serve ice cream after 25 minutes of processing in this machine. For denser ice cream, seal the ice cream in a heavy plastic air-tight container and freeze it for two to four hours after it finishes processing.
- Before serving or freezing ice cream that has pieces added to it, give it one or two stirs to ensure that the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout every serving.
- Many consumers comment that this Cuisinart ice cream maker is a loud machine. It is not as loud as a blender, but similar in decibel level to a loud dishwasher.
Care and Cleaning
The parts to this Cuisinart ice cream maker are NOT dishwasher safe. Wash the freezer bowl, mixing arm, and lid with warm, soapy water. Do not use abrasive pads or cleansers. Wipe the base of the unit with a damp cloth and then dry all pieces thoroughly.
Make sure the freezer bowl is completely dry before placing it in the freezer. Do not store any part other than the freezer bowl in the freezer.
This homemade ice cream maker is covered by the manufacturer’s three-year limited warranty.
Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker ICE-30BC Review Highlights
Pros: fully automatic machine — no hand-churning required, large capacity holds up to two quarts of ice cream, processes in less than 30 minutes, makes delicious desserts that compete with store-bought varieties, economically priced, three-year warranty
Cons: freezer bowl must be frozen overnight before use, ice cream must be frozen after processing to achieve hard density, machine is not quiet
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Cuisinart ICE-30BC ice cream maker, our pick for best ice cream maker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Cuisinart ICE-30BC homemade ice cream maker.
Watch a Demonstration of this Cuisinart Homemade Ice Cream Maker.