Is this Elite Series 30470 home generator your best option?
Have you lost electrical power one too many times at home from ice storms, wind storms, or downed power lines? Have these power outages disrupted you and your family?
A Briggs & Stratton portable generator can minimize these disruptions by delivering 7,000 continuous running watts and 8,750 starting watts of electricity to vital lights, appliances, water pumps, and more. This home generator restores function to your kitchen while safeguarding your family and possessions with the turn of a key.
This Briggs and Stratton generator has ample power to supply a refrigerator, deep freezer, power range, microwave, television, and other essential appliances. Equipped with 12″ wheels that will never go flat, it is easy to move for quick positioning. Starting it is effortless, since you turn a key rather than pull a cord. Its efficient design provides four 120-volt household outlets and one 120/240-volt outlet.
Things to Consider
- Briggs & Stratton supplies more portable generators to North America than any other manufacturer.
- Powerful engine delivers 7,000 continuous running watts and 8,750 starting watts of electricity.
- This home generator is substantial enough to power several large appliances and several household necessities simultaneously; allowing you to cook while ending worries about perishable items.
- It has a 7-gallon fuel tank capacity that runs for 9 hours at half-load capacity. Required gasoline should contain 87 minimum octane and 10% maximum ethanol.
- Electric key start facilitates easy operation for any user.
- Power Surge™ Alternator provides a 25% power boost for starting large appliances simultaneously.
- Sturdy 12″ wheels transport this Briggs and Stratton generator over all terrains and never go flat.
- Dimensions are 34.75″ long by 23″ wide by 26.75″ high. It weighs 248 lbs.
- This portable generator includes a fuel gauge and hour meter.
- Briggs & Stratton provides a three-year limited warranty.
Care and Maintenance
The Briggs and Stratton generator operator’s manual includes detailed instructions for maintaining your home generator for peak performance. Suggested maintenance includes changing the oil after the first five hours of operation and then periodic oil changes after 50 hours. Oil should be checked every 8 hours of operation. After 25 hours of operation, the air filter and pre-filter should be cleaned. Also detailed are instructions for annual replacement of the air filter, spark plug, and pre-cleaner along with cleaning of the air cooling system.
This Briggs & Stratton portable generator is covered by a three-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
Briggs & Stratton Elite Series Portable Generator Review Highlights
Pros: delivers 7,000 continuous running watts and 8,750 starting watts of electricity, substantial enough to power all essential appliances and equipment, runs for 9 hours at half-load capacity, electric start, has wheels, fuel gauge, hour meter, 7-gallon metal fuel tank, 3-year warranty
Cons: weighs 248 lbs., cannot be used indoors and must run outside in a highly ventilated area, requires periodic maintenance
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Briggs and Stratton generator!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Briggs & Stratton home generator.
Watch Briggs & Stratton Demonstrate Using a Portable Generator Safely