Is the Hamilton Beach 33967 the best slow cooker?
The Hamilton Beach Set N Forget 33967 received the highest accolades from Consumer Reports in their slow cooker review of October 2008. With its unique temperature probe and grip tight gasket lid, this 6-quart Hamilton Beach slow cooker is an exceptional appliance. It features three heating modes: program, manual, and warming and cooks for up to 14 hours. It is our selection for best slow cooker.
The temperature probe feature is great for slow cooking pot roasts or chicken when internal temperature is critical. This probe is handy for reheating pre-cooked entrees without overdoing it. After your meal reaches its desired internal temperature, this Hamilton Beach 33967 switches to warming mode automatically.
With the grip tight gasket lid, you can transport meals to picnics and dinner parties without concern for spilling. The lid locks in place and seals in food. The convenient clip-on spoon goes with you for serving.
- Hamilton Beach Set N Forget 33967 includes a warming unit, stoneware crock, clip-tight gasket with glass lid, temperature probe, and clip-on spoon.
- Features three cooking modes and works by program and manual operation.
- Equipped with handles.
- Has power interuption protection.
- Product dimensions are 16.12″ high x 10.44″ wide x 16″ long. The slow cooker weighs 16.63 lbs.
Things to Consider
- ”Offers the best combination of features for the money,” according to Consumer Reports, in their October 2008 best slow cooker review.
- Programming mode cooks food at the specified temperature setting for up to 14 hours. After 14 hours, the unit will shut off automatically. If programmed for fewer than 14 hours, it will switch to warming mode after cooking and then will shut off after the unit has been operating for 14 hours.
- Manual mode cooks food for up to 14 hours and then the unit shuts off automatically.
- Probe mode cooks food to the desired internal temperature and then switches to warming mode for up to a total of 14 hours. This mode works well for meats and for reheating previously cooked food.
- Warming feature allows you to keep food warm without overcooking it. The unit shuts off automatically after 14 hours.
- The Hamilton Beach 33967 has a generous 6-quart capacity.
- For best results, the crock should be at least halfway full with food.
- With the clip-tight gasket lid, you can transport meals without worrying about spills.
- The glass lid has a plastic knob that remains cool to the touch while the Hamilton Beach slow cooker is operating.
- Some consumers mention that this slow cooker will shut off unexpectedly while in program mode if it is not programmed correctly. To remedy this issue, follow the programming directions in the owner’s manual concisely.
- There is no delayed start feature with this Hamilton Beach Set N Forget 33967.
- The glass lid cannot be used in a microwave or oven.
Care and Cleaning
To clean, unplug the Hamilton Beach 33967 and allow it to cool. Remove the pot from the warming unit. The pot and lid are dishwasher safe or can be washed by hand with warm soapy water. Wipe the warming unit with a soapy cloth or sponge and towel dry. Do not immerse the base unit in water and do not place it in the dishwasher. Wipe the probe with a warm soapy cloth and towel dry.
The pot is microwave and oven safe. However, the lid and probe are not microwave or oven safe. The pot should not be heated on the stovetop.
This Hamilton Beach slow cooker is covered by the manufacturer’s one year limited warranty.
Hamilton Beach Set N Forget 33967 Review Highlights
Pros: very highly rated by Consumer Reports, operates in both program and manual mode, warming feature, operates up to 14 hours, unique probe mode heats food to desired internal temperature, generous 6-quart capacity, clip-tight gasket for transporting without spilling, plastic lid knob stays cool, easy to use, affordably priced
Cons: pot should be filled at least halfway with food for best results, slow cooker will shut off unexpectedly if not programmed according to directions, no delayed start on the Hamilton Beach 33967, glass lid is not microwave or oven safe
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Hamilton Beach 33967, our pick for best slow cooker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Hamilton Beach slow cooker.
Watch a Demonstration of this Hamilton Beach Set N Forget 33967.