Is the Sodastream Carbonator the Best Soda Water Maker?
With the Sodastream Penguin carbonated water maker, you can transform ordinary tap water into refreshing sparkling water or soda in seconds. This home soda water maker is fun and easy to use, and at the same time, helps you to save the planet.
By making carbonated beverages at home and not purchasing them at the supermarket, you actively reduce your carbon footprint. You reduce demand for plastic bottle production, transportation costs, and pollution. At the same time, the Sodastream carbonator produces thirst-quenching seltzers and sodas in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Enjoy clear sparking water or exotic fruit flavored seltzers. Make all-natural carbonated beverages, energy drinks, or your favorite traditional sodas. Sodastream offers over 30 flavor varieties to tempt you!
- Sleek, whimsical design actually looks like a penguin.
- Requires no electricity or batteries to operate.
- BPA-free, dishwasher safe glass carafe holds 1 liter.
- Product dimensions are 18″ high x 5″ wide x 8″ deep.
Things to Consider
- The Sodastream Penguin makes sparkling beverages from ordinary tap water in mere seconds.
- You determine the amount of fizz in your carbonated beverages by pressing the carbonating lever.
- By replacing store bought carbonated beverages with soda water made at home, you actively reduce your CO2 footprint. This means fewer plastic bottles are manufactured and fewer plastic bottles end up in landfills. Less packaging waste and less pollution from transporting carbonated beverages directly benefits our environment.
- The carafe is glass, naturally BPA free, and does not add unwanted plastic flavor to beverages.
- Sodastream produces over 30 varieties of flavor mixes ranging from all-natural to energy to cocktail mixers to exotic fruit flavors.
- Some consumers mention that the 1-liter carafe of the Sodastream Penguin is small.
- Replacement CO2 cylinders can be exchanged locally at your nearest Bed Bath & Beyond, Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Best Buy, Sears, Kohl’s, or Bon-Ton. If you prefer the convenience of door-to-door service, you can exchange your carbonators online through sodastream.com.
- Some consumers mention experiencing delivery delays with the door-to-door Sodastream carbonator exchange program.
Care and Cleaning
Wash the glass water carafe after every use in warm, soapy water or in the dishwasher. After cleaning, fill it with fresh drinking water and store it in the refrigerator until the next use.
Wipe the soda water maker with a damp cloth periodically, but do not place the machine in the dishwasher. The flask may be removed for cleaning and should be wiped with a damp cloth. After cleaning, return the flask to its holding position in the machine.
This soda water maker is covered by the manufacturer’s two-year limited warranty.
Sodastream Penguin Carbonated Water Maker Review Highlights
Pros: whimsical penguin design, easy to use, operates without electricity or batteries, level of carbonation in beverages is adjustable, reduces your carbon footprint and benefits the environment, glass carafe, wide variety of flavors available, two-year warranty
Cons: CO2 cylinders must be exchanged, glass carafe holds only one liter
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Sodastream Penguin carbonated water maker!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Sodastream Carbonator, our pick for best carbonated water maker.