What about Cuisinart TOB-195 convection toaster oven?
The spacious Cuisinart TOB-195, with its .6 cubic foot capacity oven holds a 12″ pizza, a 9″ loaf pan, a 6-cup Texas muffin pan, or six slices of toast easily.
It boasts convection and conventional bake features along with multi-purpose toast, broil, defrost, and reheat options. It has a clock and timer, plus it shuts off automatically after four hours of operation for safety.
This Cuisinart toaster oven is engineered with 1,500 watts of power and the convenience of state-of-the-art electronic touchpad controls. It has sophisticated commercial styling, efficient functionality, and is easy to operate.
This Cuisinart convection toaster oven is our first choice for toaster ovens. With its versatility and three-year manufacturer’s warranty, it is a wise investment for any kitchen.
- 1,500 watts
- .6 cubic foot capacity — large enough for a 12” pizza
- Brushed chrome finish
- Slide-out crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Clock and timer
- Automatic shut-off
- Bake, broil, toast, reheat, defrost, and convection features
- Exterior dimensions: 18.50″ wide x 16.93″ deep x 10.04″ tall
- Interior dimensions: 12″ wide x 12.5″ deep x 7″ tall
Things to Consider
- This is a large-capacity toaster oven that can hold up to six slices of toast.
- The Always Even™ shade control feature is engineered to ensure even toasting and browning. For best results, toast bread with the rack installed in position “B.”
- This Cuisinart toaster oven offers a convection option for high efficiency baking. For optimal results, use pans with low sides and position food near the center of the oven to maximize air flow. When using this feature, it is best not to cover food. Reduce the temperature for most recipes by 25° for convection baking. Bake times are generally shorter with this feature, so check on food 10 minutes prior to suggested cooking time.
- A 12″ pizza fits in this oven! When baking fresh pizza, use the baking tray that is included with this toaster oven. When baking frozen pizza, place the pizza directly on the rack for best results.
- During use, exterior surfaces get very hot and may melt or damage anything touching them. As with any toaster or toaster oven, do not place objects on top of the toaster and do not lean objects against the toaster. Use care when opening the door to a hot toaster and/or use an insulated glove or hot pad.
- Some consumers find the manual sliding of the oven rack inconvenient and state that they would prefer a rack that ejects automatically.
- The bagel function adjusts baking time and temperature to accommodate thicker pieces of bread. This feature works well with English muffins and thick rolls.
- When broiling, do not cover the broiler tray with aluminum foil as this could cause a grease fire. Add ¼ cup of water to the drip tray prior to broiling to reduce splatter and to simplify cleanup. Always broil with the oven door partially ajar.
- The non-stick walls and slide-out crumb tray make cleaning easy.
- Some consumers would prefer that the crumb tray slide out from the front of the toaster rather than the back of the toaster for cleaning. We found no issue with this aspect of the toaster’s design, however it should be noted as preferences vary.
- This oven does not have an interior light.
- This Cuisinart convection toaster oven has a sophisticated, commercial design of stainless steel and brushed chrome.
- The instruction manual includes recipes for 24 delicious ways to use the Cuisinart convection toaster oven.
Care and Cleaning
To clean the Cuisinart TOB-195, make sure the unit is cool and unplugged. Wipe all interior and exterior surfaces with a soapy cloth or sponge. Always clean the top interior surface of the oven after baking or broiling. Towel dry all surfaces after cleaning. Pull the crumb tray out and wipe it with a soapy cloth or sponge. Dry it with a towel and slide it back into the oven. The crumb tray, drip tray, and baking tray are all dishwasher safe.
This Cuisinart toaster oven is covered by the manufacturer’s three-year limited warranty.
Cuisinart Toaster Oven TOB-195 Review Highlights
Pros: large capacity, Always Even™ shade control feature, convection baking feature, broiling feature, clock and timer, automatic shut-off after four hours, interior walls and nonstick and crumb tray slides out for easy cleaning, sleek brushed chrome styling, three-year warranty
Cons: exterior of toaster gets very hot, no interior light, oven racks do not eject automatically, crumb tray must be removed from the back of the oven
Thank you for reading the Tools for Kitchens review of the Cuisinart TOB-195 toaster oven!
View a pdf of the owner’s manual for this Cuisinart TOB-195 toaster oven.
Watch a Demonstration of the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven.